Rohto Asia Herb (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “our company”) stipulates the following privacy policies (hereinafter referred to as “the policies”) in relations to the handling of private information in the services provided on this website (hereinafter referred to as “the services”) as follows.
Article 1 (Privacy Information)
“Personal Information” in the Privacy Information means “personal information” referred to in the Personal Information Protection Law, information on existing individuals, including the name, date of birth, address, phone number, and other information that can identify a specific individual by contact information or other description.
“History information and characteristic information” in the Privacy Information means anything other than “Personal Information” specified above, including the history of the services used, the items purchased, the pages and advertisements seen, search keywords used by users, the date and time of use, the method of use, usage environment, postal code, gender, occupation, age, IP address of user, cookie information, location information, individual identification information of terminal etc.
Article 2 (Collection method of privacy information)
When making user registration, our company may ask personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number, driver’s license number, etc. In addition, we may collect information such as transaction records including user’s personal information made between users and partners etc. and information on payment settlement from our affiliated parties (including information providers, advertisers, advertisement distribution targets, etc. (hereinafter referred to as ” partners “).
When users use the services of our company or affiliated parties or browse pages, our company will collect the information such as the history of the services and software used, the products purchased, the history of the pages and advertisements viewed, the search keywords used, the date and time of use, the usage method, the usage environment (including communication status of the terminal in case of using it through mobile terminal, various kinds of usage setting information, etc.), historical information such as IP address, cookie information, location information, terminal individual identification information, and characteristic information.
Article 3 (Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
The purpose for which we collect and use personal information is as follows.
(1) To allow users to browse and modify their registered information such as name, address, contact information, payment method, to view usage situation, and to display information regarding used services, purchased goods, and information on purchased items, and prices.
(2) To use contact information such as name and address in case of using e-mail address to inform or communicate to users, sending goods to users or contacting as may be necessary.
(3) To use information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, driver’s license number, postal arrival result with delivery certificate etc., in order to confirm the user’s identity
(4) In order to request the user for payment, to use information on the payment such as the name and quantity of the item purchased, the type and duration of the service used, the number of invoices, the name, the address, the bank account number and the credit card number of the user.
(5) To make it more convenient for users to input data and display the information registered in the company on the input screen or to transfer to other services etc. (provided by the partners) as per the user’s instruction.
(7) In order to respond to inquiries from users, we will use information required for providing services to users such as contents of inquiries and billing charges, etc., user’s service usage situation, contact information.
(8) Other objectives attached to the above purposes of use
Article 4 (Provision of personal information to third parties)
Except for the following cases, our company will not provide personal information to any third parties without obtaining prior consent from users; however, the aforementioned excludes cases permitted by laws and regulations.
(1) Based on laws and ordinances
(2) When it is necessary for the protection of human life, body or property, and it is difficult to obtain consent of the user himself / herself
(3) When it is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting healthy development of children and it is difficult to obtain consent of the user himself / herself
(4) In cases where it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local public entity or a person receiving consignment on carrying out the affairs prescribed by laws and ordinances, and by obtaining the consent of the information owner, there is a risk of interfering with performance of such affairs.
(5) When we notify or publish the following matters in advance
Inclusion of provision to third parties in “Terms of service”
Items of data provided to third parties
Means or method of provision to third parties
Stopping the provision of personal information to third parties as requested by the user
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the following cases shall not apply to any third parties:
(1) When we entrust all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use
(2) When personal information is provided as a result of business succession due to merger or other reasons
(3) When personal information is to be used in cooperation with a specific person, the user is informed in advance of that fact and the items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of persons to use the information, the purpose of use and the name of the person responsible for management of the personal information, or such information is placed in a state that the user can easily know.
Article 5 (Disclosure of personal information)
When we are requested to disclose personal information from the user, we will disclose it to the user without delay. However, if due to disclosure, any of the following occurs, we may not disclose all or part of it; and if the company decides not to disclose it, the user will be notified without delay. For disclosure of personal information, a fee of 1,000 yen will be charged per case.
(1) When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party
(2) When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper implementation of our business
(3) When it will result in violation of other laws and ordinances
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, we will not disclose information other than personal information such as history information and characteristic information.
Article 6 (Correction and deletion of personal information)
If the user’s personal information owned by our company is incorrect, the user can request correction or deletion of the personal information by the procedures specified by our company.
If our company decides that it is necessary to accept the request from the user and respond to such request, we will correct or delete the personal information without delay and notify the information owner.
Article 7 (Suspension of use of personal information, etc.)
When there is a request from the information owner to suspend or eliminate the use of the personal information (hereinafter referred to as “suspension of use of personal information, etc.), due to reasons that personal information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use, or because it was acquired by improper means, we will conduct necessary investigation without delay and based on the result, stop using that personal information, etc. and notify the information owner to that effect. Provided, however, that if it is difficult to suspend the use, for example, the cost of suspension of use is very high, and if it is possible to take alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the information owner, the company will implement that alternative.
The contents of this policy can be changed without notifying the information owner.
Article 9 (Inquiry)
For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact the following:
Company name ： Rohto Asia Herb (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Address ： 622 EmporiumTower,14th Floor, Sukhumvit Road, Khlong-Tan, Khlong-Toei, Bangkok 10110 THAILAND.
E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org